i am a pretentious hack.

       i'm not dead!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

i still love ants.

and not only am i in good company, but i may have been more right than crazy in my last discussion of them. i'm reassured about my decision to bring them out of the house, as well; if my ant was searching for a community cemetary, he'd have died of exhaustion looking for it if he never traveled past the foot of my bed.

if we were ants, all of this would be fixed by now. they're much more effective in cooperative efforts, everyone knows what he or she should be doing all the time. i think my new battle cry is "any leaf cutter for president!" our society may be terrifyingly chaotic, but all i need to do to regain my composure is lie face-down in the yard for thirty minutes, and then i can be certain that the functional delegation of responsibility within a society is at least a physical possibility, even if it's never a meaningful part of my cultural reality.

did i...? i think... i think i just told you that i wish i were a bug.

there's a good chance i'm cracking up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home