i am a pretentious hack.

       i'm not dead!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

sunday best-of blogging: the moment of silence issue

best last bit of advice: in the note she sent me before i left for italy, my grandmother told me to "remember everything!!" she sent me three disposable cameras and a notebook, and though i've been not so diligent about relaying my memoirs to all of you, i took her seriously. my most mundane moment might turn out to be someone else's favorite story, but i have to keep it long enough to talk about it in order for that to happen, and anyway, no experience is without some sort of significance. now, anyone who spent any time with my grandmother over the last five years or so knows very well that she did not remember everything, but she remembered to want to, and i think that might count a little bit more.

best way to spend christmas: with the people you love most, even if you have to be together in a hospital room, even if one of those people you love most can't be with you at the end of the day.

best three songs to hear later on as you're driving home in the rain: "night swimming," rem; "long december," counting crows; "today," smashing pumpkins

and that's all i'm going to say about that.

Labels: , ,