i am a pretentious hack.

       i'm not dead!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

re: i hate the new yorker

my sworn enemy has begun to refer to her opposition with the sort of condescending head-patting usually reserved for the condiment-coated children of distant relatives at the annual family barbecue. did i expect better? no, of course not; this is the tone that drove me to throw down my glove in the first place. but i would like to point out to her readers, before they pass final judgment, that i have this lovely theme song, and all she has is a lot of people telling her she's persnickety. sure, some of those people say it more politely than i do, and i guess a lot of people haven't said anything of the sort, but do those people have theme songs? honestly, now, whose side would you rather be on?

5 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger zoe p. said…

    Oh dear. I don't mean to drag you somewhere you don't want to go, but what is condescending about my blog? Which tone? Where? You mean my warnings? I was getting a lot of spammy comments . . . My questions are sincere and I have never owned capri pants either . . .

    With all due respect, zp

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger juniper pearl said…

    i was not referring to your warnings, i think they're appropriate. from here, meaning inside my head, your overall tone tends towards condescension. it's a strange sort of earnest condescension, though, and i didn't think it was intentional, so i'm not surprised that i've hurt your feelings a bit by mentioning it.

    wait... yes i am. my rebuttal was a french pop song; who needs an irony warning now? really, hon, don't get your non-capri pants in a wad. i don't make a habit of conversing with people i don't respect, not even through comment boxes.

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Me said…

    i own 3 pairs of capris.. and let me tell you, if you've never worn them you aren't missing a thing.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger juniper pearl said…

    lsz! i bet you bought one of those horrible poncho things, too. if you spring for gauchos this fall, i may not be able to talk to you anymore.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Me said…

    i don't do ponchos or gauchos.. you're gonna have to find another reason :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home