i am a pretentious hack.

       i'm not dead!

Friday, February 23, 2007

lest you grow unduly concerned . . .


my apologies for my extended absence. i have caught a light sneeze, which has taken up residence in the upper quarters of my left nostril. it is a very rude sneeze and has blocked the stairwell in my sinus with its moving boxes and excess packing materials, and the tears living in the apartment above it have been forced to come and go via the fire exit, i.e., my face. they are very busy tears, apparently; i had not been aware of the tremendous number of errands they were accustomed to running until they were forced to take this more conspicuous route, but they are back and forth in droves at all hours of the day and night. this has left the exterior of the building in quite a bit of disarray; yesterday i overheard two of my coworkers discussing the possibility that there had been a death in my family. all of this is more frustrating than debilitating, of course, but i have not been up to fulfilling my superblogger role. i hope you understand. i am getting as much rest as possible and sipping dutifully at my steaming miso soup, and should be back on top of things in no time.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home