i am a pretentious hack.

       i'm not dead!

Monday, April 02, 2007

monday punch-in-the-face blogging

to the person who stole the small willow tree in the blue ceramic pot from my front porch this weekend,

you are a terrible human being. what kind of rotten good-for-nothing sneaks up onto a girl's porch in the middle of the night and steals a tree? i raised that tree from a sapling, i tended to it and nurtured it, i turned it regularly so it always got enough sun and cleared the leaves and debris out of its soil and gave it water when it needed it and food when it needed it and pruned away the dry branches and checked it every day for new growth and loved it like a child, and you just picked it up and ran off with it like some kind of crazy herbivorous dingo. are you going to do any of those things for it? are you? because it was just beginning to bud, and it needs care and attention now more than at any other time. is it even still alive, or did you toss it into a ditch somewhere so you could use the pot for something else? oh, my sweet, sad little tree . . . i can't bear to think about it.

listen, you murderous, plant-thieving scoundrel, i may never get my hands on you to pummel you soundly myself, but know that karma and i are tighter than a sausage and its skin, and she is on to you, buddy. if you haven't heard, let me tell you: the girl's got some moves. retribution shall be swift and thorough. prepare to rue the day, douche bag.

watch your back,

juniper


p.s. all imminent catastrophe can be averted if you simply return the tree to its place. you can keep the pot, i don't care; just give me back my baby.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel for you. Someone once stole a bonsai tree from my side yard. I'd had it only a year, but my boyfriend had brought it from California, carrying it on his lap on the airplane. I was crushed.

    And they're not just stealing from you, they're stealing from everyone who enjoyed seeing your tree as they passed by your house. And everyone who would have brightened their neighborhoods by putting out plants in pots but maybe won't now for fear of getting them stolen.

    So you are right, they are the lowest of the low.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Dina R. D'Alessandro said…

    Well, this is just the worst thing ever, joon. And I honestly just had the worst day of my life today, but now I'm feeling badly about my self-pity when there's an innocent tree missing from its mama.

    Boo on the tree-stealing hooligan. Boo indeed. And damn him/her eternally!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger juniper pearl said…

    And everyone who would have brightened their neighborhoods by putting out plants in pots but maybe won't now for fear of getting them stolen.

    so they have robbed me twice, because now i'm too afeared for my darling lemon tree's life to let it out of my living room. i'll just have to open the window for it more often. i did get it a nice new pot, but still, if i'd known it would end up a flower in the attic i'd never have taken it home.

    oh, dina, you're cuter than a freakin' button. it certainly isn't the worst thing ever, just the worst thing that happened last weekend--to me. i'm sorry about your terrible day. we can pity each other--but not for long, right? because it's spring, and soon you'll have strappy shoes and i'll have a window box full of salad greens, and we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger asdflkjhasdflkjhasdfkjh said…

    Oh, its probably those bratty teenagers again, up to no good. Kids these days..;)

    But I hope, and wish for the best.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home